Pages

Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Molly's Grain Free School Lunches


Ok, I must be absolutely crazy!  Well, at least no one can say that I won't do everything I can to keep my children healthy. 

Each day since the start of school I have been delivering my daughter a hot gluten free/grain free lunch.  Her school lunch menu is what I would call, "Less than healthy." Since we started on our Gluten Free journey it has been important to me to make sure I do all I can to keep her feeling good.  When I saw the school menu (see below) I was shocked.  There is never a day they have something she can eat.  My second thought was about how I can get her hot healthy lunches to school. Sending food to school and keeping it at a temperature that is safe is very tricky and really concerns me. Unfortunately, I have not come up with a solution yet.  





 I do think I can come up with some good ideas.  But in the meantime, these are some of the meals I have delivered.  




Roasted Chicken, Roasted New Potatoes and Cinnamon Apples

Lemon Pepper chicken on a Garden Salad with Banana


Sweet Potato topped with Brown Sugar, Cinnamon and Butter


Steamed Green Beans, Roasted Potatoes with Bacon
& Steak with BBQ Sauce
 I am in the process of trying to come up with lunches I can send with Molly to school that contain no grains.  When I figure it out I will be sharing.

In the meantime...

Happy Cooking!

No comments:

Post a Comment